POSITIVE FASHION DESIGNER EXHIBITION – APPLICATION CRITERIA
- The applicant's collection should consist of women’s ready-to-wear, accessories, jewellery or footwear (not bridal wear or children’s wear)
- The applicant should have a minimum of four stockists (UK and International) - unless the business is under three years in business, where we will accept one stockist as minimum. The brands own website does not count as a stockist
- The applicant's wholesale price points should be within the contemporary or luxury bracket
- Applicants may be asked to submit additional supporting information, including press coverage, design development and mood boards for the new collection, which will be considered alongside the application to reach a final decision
- The applicants business must meet the British Fashion Council’s standards for Positive Fashion and adhere to at least 1 of the Positive Fashion Pillars, Sustainability, Craftmanship & Community, Equality & Diversity
Please note that meeting the criteria above does not guarantee a space within the exhibition. The Positive Fashion Designer Exhibition showcases a curated selection of designers and space is limited. All those that meet the criteria will be considered. The BFC reserves the right to review and waive the eligibility criteria for designer’s applications in exceptional circumstances.
If the applicant has been in business for less than three years, they should look at applying for NEWGEN support. Information on NEWGEN can be found at www.britishfashioncouncil.com/newgen
Phase One - APPLICATION PROCESS
Applications for February 2020 are now open.
Applicants will also need to send a lookbook (digitally) to:
PHASE TWO - REVIEW
Once the applicant has completed the application form online it will be reviewed and the candidate will be notified by email whether the application has been accepted.
Applicants may be asked to submit additional supporting information, which will be considered alongside the application to reach a final decision.
Unfortunately, not all applicants are successful and due to the high numbers of applications we cannot always give feedback as to why.
For enquiries please contact:
Tel: +44 20 7759 1965